Follow Us:

2007 Awards Entries for Culture Heritage Conservation


Singapore

 

The Old St. Andrew's School   

The Old St. Andrew's School was built in 1888 in St. Andrew's village, and comprised the School as well as three affiliated churches, chapel and the Diocesan offices. The building was temporarily occupied by various Christian groups and organizations for a short period of time. Without much continued maintenance, the condition of the building quickly deteriorated, with water damage throughout. The conservation project started in 2002 and repaired deteriorated areas, including the tiled roof. Now, the Old St. Andrew's School has been adapted for reuse and serves the community for multiple uses as a school office and the Chapel of Resurrection.