Preparing the Next Generation of Teachers Through ICT
This project aims to enable the next generation of post-primary teachers in the Asia-Pacific region to harness the benefits of information and communication technologies (ICT) to enhance teaching and learning.
Recognizing that teachers are central to successful learning, UNESCO has supported the professional development of teachers for nearly 60 years.
UNESCO’s most recent initiative is the Next Generation of Teachers (Next Gen) Project which is designed to assist Teacher Education Institutions (TEIs) in the Asia-Pacific region to prepare the next generation of teachers to judiciously use technologies for teaching and learning.
Related documents and links:
- Next Gen Scaling-Up Programme
- Summary of the Next Generation of Teachers Project - Stage 1 (PDF, 360KB)
- Next Gen Project Description (Stage 1)
- Survey of pre-service teacher training in the Asia-Pacific region
- UNESCO (Global) Teacher Education website
4th Deans' Forum 2009
- Asia-Pacific Education Deans Workshop, UNESCO/HK Institute of Education/Microsoft, Hong Kong, June 7-9
- Next Gen Curriculum Development Workshop, Jakarta, Indonesia, September 27 - October 1
- Consultative Meeting on the Information Communication Technology (ICT) Related Courses in the Current Teacher Education Curriculum, Manila (Philippines), July 1
- Curriculum Development Workshop, UNESCO BANGKOK, Hanoi (Vietnam), June 14-18
- Curriculum Development Workshop, UNESCO BANGKOK, Philippines, May 17-21
- Rajabhat Deans’ Forum, Bangkok (Thailand), April 28 – 30
- 13th UNESCO-APEID International Conference and World Bank-KERIS High Level Seminar on ICT in Education, UNESCO Chinese National Commission/UNESCO Bangkok/KERIS/World Bank, Hangzhou (China), November 15-17
- UNESCO Next Generation of Teachers: First Philippine Conference on ICT in Teacher Education, University of the Philippines, De La Salle University, Mariano Marcos State University, Cebu Normal University and University of the East, Manila (Philippines), October 26-30
- First Curriculum Development Workshop, Ulaanbaatar (Mongolia), August 31 – September 4
- 4th Deans Forum, UNESCO Bangkok, Bangkok (Thailand), June 29-30
- Experts Meeting on ICT-related Curriculum Development (Next Gen), UNESCO Bangkok, Bangkok (Thailand), April 21-22
- The 2nd Regional Workshop on ICT-integration Training for the Next Generation of Teachers, Brunei Darussalam (Brunei), May 12-15
- Partners in Learning Regional Innovative Teachers Conference 2008 , Hanoi (Viet Nam), April 8-10
- Asia-Pacific Deans of Education Forum 2008, Perth (Australia), February 18-20
For further information about the Next Gen project or to find out how you or your organization can participate, please contact us.
Ms Jonghwi Park
This website http://www.unescobkk.org/education/ict/teachertraining/next_gen is updated regularly as project activities are implemented.